Monday, December 20, 2010

what i really want this year...

After a whirlwind of (just a teensy bit more than) six months in New York City, I am very, very, ready to head home for Christmas. I think I can safely say that this year, more than anything else, I want these things:

to hug my parents for a really long time at the airport...

my dad's risotto...

major cuddling time with Sarge and Zoe...

a lunch date with my mom at Le Pichet...

beers with friends at The Duchess and Kings...

a Whisky Buck at Liberty...

major coffee catch-up time with my Seattle favsies...

a night out on the Pike/Pine corridor...

as many walks around Greenlake, Magneson and Discovery Park as I can fit in...

a nice chat with my grandparents...

cocktails, dinner, poppers, crowns and carols on Christmas Eve with my whole family...

gin fizzes and breakfast casserole on Christmas morning...

a few blissfully sunny runs down Olympic Lane on Baldy...

to look up at thousands of stars in the Sun Valley night sky...

to breath in some fresh, cold, mountain air...

a hot toddie in the lobby of the Sun Valley Lodge...

to drive a car...

to dive head-first into the boxes and racks of clothes I left behind in the move...

and finally, to feel rejuvinated and ready to return to NYC in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment