Thursday, September 15, 2011

{NYFW} so many more collections that pleased me...


What? What do you want me to say here? What can I say here?
The color, the movement, the volume, the elegance.
Someday, years from now, a stranger will see me across the room and whisper to her friend, "That's her. The woman in the Oscar de la Renta from Spring '12. I heard she's even funnier in person."


God bless Thakoon for bringing just a wee bit 'o' crazy to the runway.
But look at the two dresses on the far left and right, and I'll tell you that I would wear them both in real life. Love.


Love DvF's color scheme here. It all reminds me of a creamsicle. A sleek, early 1960s creamsicle.

 Speaking of creamsicle color palettes, I get the same vibe from J. Mendel, but with less pattern and more blocked panels. This was a stand-out collection for me.

 I'll say the same thing I always say about Marchesa, and it's not a bad thing: frothy, feminine and fancy. This season though, the girls added a bit of guilded shine and swing; which is all the more reason to celebrate their move from presentation to runway.


Tory Burch's collection, her first to show on a runway, transplants me to a 1920's French Riviera estate. I'd have my gowns and opera-length jewels for dinner parties, that little sweater and shorts look for tennis in the afternoons, and the striped dress for jaunts into town for pain au chocolat.

Ok, I'm exhausted. But guess what? There's more to come.
Give it time, friends. Give it time.

[All images from style.com, and compiled by me at picnik.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment