Friday, August 12, 2011

{outfit post} home turf happy hour...

I swear to you guys, I don't spend my entire life going to brunches, happy hours and parties with other bloggers. However, it really seems like it sometimes, doesn't it? We just have an understanding. A no-judgement-if-you-want-me-to-take-pictures-of-you-crossing-your-ankles-and-admiring-your-own-shoes understanding. Aside from that though, we style bloggers are really genial and fun-loving people, so why wouldn't we get together all the time and eat omlettes and/or drink $3 beers? Exactly. Hence we get together all the time. If you want to get technical, the transitive property proves that the more I socialize, the more outfit-y my blog gets. Just go with it.

To that point, I met up with Sonia on Friday afternoon, just around the corner from my apartment, for a happy hour drink and some serious catch-up. We sat at the bar of this sort of random-but-cute-and-nicely-air-conditioned restaurant on 8th Avenue called Donnatella. The beer was cold, the conversation was lively, and then we took pictures.


7 for All Mankind jorts (cut from old bootcut jeans); H&M tank; Forever 21 vest (borrowed from Tully); Persol sunglasses (similar to these); Lyndi bag c/o Kooba; vintage necklaces; Urban Outfitters wedges.

Here's the part where I say, "Hey Tulls, thanks for letting me borrow your vest while you were out of town,  even though I didn't really ask, since we share a closet and you hijacked my shirt to take to Salt Lake City. I realize that it's the best part of the whole outfit, so really this post is like an homage to our shared good taste." Or something along those lines. (I've said it before and I'll say it again: What is the point of having roommates if you can't treat their closet like an extension of yours?)


 Michael Michael Kors watch (similar to this); Tiffany & vintage rings.


No comments:

Post a Comment