Monday, July 18, 2011

{inspired by} Marge Sherwood in the Talented Mr. Ripley...

I will just come out and say it right now: if it weren't for that crazy world called Tumblr, I would have totally forgotten about The Talented Mr. Ripley. It's one of the most stylish film ever, both in location and wardrobe, and rather perfectly suited for a summer movie night. After being reminded of it's merits by HTTTGAP and That Kind of Woman (among many, many others) I revisited it on a weeknight recently.

Then, last week while waiting for the Jitney in East Hampton, I was idly browsing Hamptons magazine (yes, that's a real thing) and sipping an Arnold Palmer. Amongst the crazy expensive monogrammed towels and Lilly Pulitzer advertisements, I spied these adorable Cynthia Rowley bikinis that immediately reminded me of Gweneth Paltrow's character in the film. Behold:


Try to overt your eyes from the wildly tanned and handsome Dickie Greenleaf (a very young Jude Law), and look at Gwen's high-waisted, printed suit.


I mean, right? These darling suits (available here, on the Cynthia Rowley site) are $225 each, and perfectly capture that holiday on the Italian Riviera circa 1958 vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment