Thursday, May 5, 2011

{outfit post} fashion 140...

I feel so overwhelmed with love this week! I got a wonderful shout out (and huge traffic boost) from my menswear-blogging/tumblr-ing friend L.A.S. and about 30 new Twitter followers during the Fashion 140 conference yesterday. I'm so glad people had such a positive response to my Always & Never list. I mean, what can I do next to keep you guys so interested and excited? (Seriously. Suggestions welcome and encouraged.)

I'll post more later about everything amazing that went on at the conference, but for now I figured I could at least give you a little bit of an outfit post. Wednesday started out pretty rainy, and coupled with the fact that I'd be sitting in an auditorium for hours and hours, I aimed for a comfortable-yet-chic look that would hold up all day.


Schott NYC Perfecto lambskin jacket; vintage Missoni for Nordstrom tunic; BP black tank; BDG jeggings; Jessica Simpson ballet flats; c/o Amanda Pearl Gobstopper pearl earrings.

This is that amazing Missoni tunic I wore to NYFW earlier this year but was totally hidden by my fur coat. It's incredibly fragile and a treasured piece inherited from my mom. It has those distinctive Missoni stripes - and in perfect-for-spring colors. I have no idea what year it's from, and I'm sure if she could figure out how, Mrs. Davies would leave a comment letting us all know. (The 90's, Mom?) Anyway, after a Tweet-spiration from my friends at Schott, I knew my Perfecto had to come out for the conference as well. 

The rest of my look just sort of fell into place. My Amanda Pearl earrings have become a staple with my top-knot, though I'll be the first to admit that after looking at these pictures I'm really peeved that it was so smooshed on one side. Ugh, #whitegirlproblems. Additionally, I'm hyper-aware that jeggings are on their way out, but they are so incredibly comfortable I may never give them up. (Breaking my own rules, 'cause that's how I roll.) As for the ballet flats, did you expect anything else?


 Oh, and in case you were worried - don't be. I wore seven bracelets.

Various baubles from Marc by Marc Jacobs; J. Crew; Tiffany & Co.; Kenneth Jay Lane; vintage; that Michael Kors watch and F21 owl ring.
It's like I pulled up my sleeve and surprised even myself at how many of them I was wearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment