Sunday, May 1, 2011

{quick outfit post} shady lady...

Hey friends, did you know that May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month? Well, it is. It's a cause especially close to my heart, so I can't help but take a moment here to give you a stylish little PSA.

Summer is just around the corner (Maybe? Hello, Mother Nature? Can you hear me?) so it's time to pack away your knee-high boots and tights and replacing them with some alternative to the gladiator sandal and absolutely no socks whatsoever. Additionally, it's time to consider some stylish new ways to preserve the youthful, dewy skin on your gorgeous face. 

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I love the look of a good bronze. Sun freckles are sexy and I'm pretty sure there's a saying one of my roommates may like to throw around that goes something like, "If you can't tone it, tan it." However, if I had to choose between spending my youth resembling a rotisserie chicken or cartwheeling into my 90s with lovely if not (slightly) wrinkled skin... You know what I would choose. (Hint: I have really big plans to be a highly glamorous old dame.) So on that note, let me introduce you to my face's new BFF: the wide brimmed floppy straw hat. It was perfect by the pool in Arizona with just a white button down and, seen here, while casually hanging out under a palm tree.

Hat c/o Hat Attack; H&M dress; Ray Ban aviators; vintage necklace; MK watch; Tiffany & Co. bangle; O.P.I. Big Apple Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment