Wednesday, March 23, 2011

mid-week music moment... (modified!)

Cooler Couleur

(Madewell racerback tank top, $22, Stella McCartney wool blazer, 1,175 GBP, Hudson jeans, $190, Hanky panky, $54, We Who See high heels, $88, D G animal print handbag, $347, Rolex watch Hermes bracelet, $485, House of Harlow 1960vintage bracelet, 100 GBP, Vintage bracelet, 240 GBP.)
Ok, so this is a little bit of a variation on my usual MWMM. As it happens, I was simultaneously listening to my fav French artist Yelle and spazzing around on Polyvore yesterday afternoon. I was imagining what it would be like to have my way with that Stella McCartney tuxedo jacket, trying this and that top under it, when I settled on an extra casual red Madewell tank. "Color pop!" I thought to myself. And I kid you not, the song I was listening to right then was Crookers ft. Yelle, "Cooler Couleur."
The tiny gears in my brain started swirling and twirling and then the light bulb moment happened. (In my mind's eye though, there's a chandelier above my head, instead of a crumby bare bulb.) Wouldn't it be fun to create a look inspired by each song for the mid-week music moment? I think it would be grand, and probably a bit challenging in some cases. Let's have this be a trial run, and you can let me know how you feel in the comments.
Before your gears start swirling and twirling in terrible directions - I will not do things like post a menswear look and then make you listen to Beyonce's "If I were A Boy," or some such way-too-literal nonsense. Or how about Vampire Weekend's "Oxford Comma," and then I'd post... can you guess... an oxford cloth shirt! Woof. Like I said, I would never put you through that.

No comments:

Post a Comment