Monday, March 14, 2011

{outfit post} signs of spring...

The official start of spring is just a few days away. Granted, we are probably still in for quite a few more dreary and chilly days, but New York City has already experienced it's fair share of gorgeous, spring-like days with warm temperatures and lots of sunshine. I sort of love this time of year, when you don't know what to expect from the weather. Transitional seasons (fall and spring) are often the most fun to dress for. Long pants with short sleeves, light-weight jackets over flouncy dresses, and finally, the return of acceptable open-toe shoe-wearing time. So on that note, here's a little spring look I put together using some recent (wildly on sale!) purchases...

Urban Outfitters blouse; Zara pants; We Who See wedges (from Urban Outfitters); Amanda Pearl Gobstopper pearl earrings c/o Blue Stripe PR; Michael Kors watch; various bracelets.

Clearly this is the work of a professional, and I have the darling and talented Ari of Arimophoto to thank for these lovely photographs!

So, my entire outfit here, aside from my accessories, cost less than $100! The shoes were on sale for about $50, the pants were $9.90 at Zara (excuse me, what?) and the top was on sale for $19.90 at Urban. Isn't that sort of crazy? I think this rather budget lifestyle in NYC has really brought out the bargain-hunter in me. Until I have a life a little more like a real person, I'm forced to majorly scale down my investment purchases, so little buys like these keep my spirits up and help me feel like there's something fresh to play around with, even if it wont last forever. I think high and low mixing is really the key to a wardrobe that's uniquely you and one that doesn't fall into the realm of 'trying too hard.'


No comments:

Post a Comment