Thursday, March 24, 2011

{outfit post} la vie boheme...

Do you ever have one of those days where without even paying attention to what you're doing, you just start getting dressed, throwing on exactly what you feel like, without really regarding how it will look with everything else? That was the genesis of this look:

 

Anthropologie scarf tied as a turband; Ray Ban aviators; Schott NYC leather jacket; Banana Republic top; BDG jeggings; Navid O'Nadia brogues.

Initially, I had this French girl vibe going on with the boat-neck stripes and the skinny black pants, but before I knew it I was tying a turband around my head and doing my best James Dean in my biker jacket.
How amazing is this jacket by the way? I haven't posted it yet because when I got it, it was still too cold to wear it. Guess who picked it out for me - my dad! Schott is sort of a legendary brand, worn by James Dean, Marlon Brando, The Ramones, and more recently, Blake Lively on the cover of Esquire. It's incredibly soft, fits like a dream, and every time I put it on I feel about 10x cooler than I actually am.

The turband is one of those micro-trends that's become a bit of a sensation among the fashion set. It's a slightly less absurd version of the turban, and much more wearable in case you're not that girl who showed up to Lincoln Center specifically to loiter around during NYFW and have her photo taken by Mr. Newton. It's basically just an exaggerated headband, and can be whipped up in a cinch if you have a large square scarf hanging around somewhere. (It would take forever to type out how here, so I may do a separate post if you guys are interested.)

Moira showed up for a bit... As did an umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment