Wednesday, March 9, 2011

what's inspiring me now...

Think of this as the clickable version of a mood board. I've collected here many bits and pieces of things I've seen on the interwebs lately that I have found beautiful, inspiring, interesting and envy-enducing. There are plenty of vintage images from Paristocrats, some street style, some editorial images from current magazines, celebrity style moments and screen grabs from I-don't-even-know-where. Oh, and a few dreamy Slim Aarons shots that make me want to skip town for Palm Springs, like, immediately.
I've been collecting these images to inspire my style and my mood, so I hope perhaps they can do the same for you! Enjoy!

kate Lanphear
This is just such an incredibly chic menswear look I can hardly handle it.

Stripes + a double breasted jacket.


Diane Kruger hits the mark every time.


Sofia Coppola

This is how to rock some wide-leg trousers.

Ahhh, so minimal and so white.

Brunettes in marigold

Garance, you're perfect.

The Girl on a Motorcycle, 1968
Marianne Faithful, so great.


Look at that lapel!
The whole look is pretty flawless, and totally on-point for that 70's look everyone is craving this spring.

dreamy...

I mean, it's never not the right time to be inspired by Carrie and Mr. Big



The. Kiki. Bun.
It's a fan favorite around our apartment, as well as with a certain blondie we love out in California. It's also known as a top-knot, but we prefer the kiki.

I mean, how cool is she?
If someone could chime in and tell me who this is, I would be so grateful. I have everything envy - especially hair.

Brigitte, bien sur.
Sun drenched and rocking her signature fringe and black-rimmed eyes.



Jean Shrimpton...
Apparently I am on a serious hair kick. But can you blame me? The shine! The volume! The bangs!

I took this picture on 5th avenue the other day, I just lvoe how vintage this city can look from one angle, with one old Mercedes.

Slim Aarons

more Slim Aarons...

Just a couple of gals, getting super bronzed, wearing fabulous hats and sipping what is probably a provencal rose. (Slim Aarons again)

Jean Seberg in Breathless. I have blogged about this movie before, and if you haven't seen it, it's a must.

Stripes from STREETFSN

STREETFSN
This is so simple, so sexy, and so chic. I don't think a cigarette pant and black pumps will ever be anything but perfection.

Balmain F/W 2011
I LOVE the juxtaposition of a glamorous, sequined mini dress with long sleeves and pockets.

Balmain F/W 2011

so much dangerous jewelry...

Blazing in Red... love it

No comments:

Post a Comment