Wednesday, January 26, 2011

{apartment inspiration} Land's End oxford sheets...

Land's End Solid Oxford BeddingI think I've said this before, but in our little apartment, and especially in my shared bedroom, my bed has become my haven. I've cultivated quite a nest, overflowing with down pillows and super-soft sheets. I only have one set of really great sheets though, so I want my next splurge to be this set of Land's End Solid Oxford Bedding ($60 - $120). The sheets are made of the same oxford cloth as their shirts, and the button detailing on the pillow cases add a clean, preppy finish. I like the idea of creating a sleeping space with both feminine and masculine influences, so a more masculine element like this would nicely compliment my pintucked euro shams and ruffle-trimmed standard shams.

all-white beddingI really don't know much about decorating beyond my own personal tastes, but one thing I believe, and Tully shares (and solidified) my vision in this, is that there are few things in the world as wonderful as crisp, white bedding. Pops of color and texture are requisite, but building from classic white allows color and creativity in other parts of your decor, like throw pillows, furniture, art and wall paint. An all-white bed never looks bad, and with the right amount of pillows and blankets (read: way too many) usually looks inclredibly inviting.

*Editor's note: A word to the small number of men-folk who may be reading this, navy and/or black sheets are the worst. I know they're out there, and many of you have them. These colors do not say "masculine;" they say uninviting and terrible. Upgrade, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment