Monday, January 31, 2011

just a little SAG awards style...

Oh, award season, it's in full swing. Sunday night we had the Screen Actors Guild Awards, which brought a few delicious printed and textured looks, and a lot of forgettable yards of monochromatic tulle, crepe, and silk. So lets just cut to the chase, shall we? I'll kick things off with my personal favorite, constant style star Claire Danes:

Claire Danes - SAG awards

I am crazy about this Louis Vuitton look on her. The belt adds a cool, casual element to a very formal shape and great print. Prints are always an interesting choice for the red carpet, and almost always go awry, so I really appreciate her success. The red nails and pink lips, plus her sleek-but-loose hair are also great finishing touches.

Hailee Steinfeld - SAG awards

Ok, so I haven't seen True Grit yet. People, movies in New York are too expensive. It's on my to-do list, but on this budget, $12.50 is an amount I am usually inclined to spend on a few cocktails instead of a few hours in a theater. Anyway, look at this girl in Prada SS11! Lovely, chic, perfect.

Mila Kunis - SAG awards

Mila Kunis would probably look stunning in anything, and she is really rocking this Alexander McQueen gown. She, like Danes, is an example of prints done right. And the belt! Now that I look at it, hers and Danes' dress are pretty similar. The point is though, so gorgeous.

January Jones - SAG awards

I'm definitely not digging January Jones' hair here, but I love this Carolina Herrera dress. The cut is so flattering and sophisticated, and I am a huge advocate of lace in t-shirt shapes, like the top of this gown. Jones can really work a high fashion look, and I always look forward to seeing her red carpet choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment