Thursday, January 27, 2011

{belated} mid-week music moment...

La RouxI saw La Roux in concert last spring and -  as you frequent readers are well aware of - I blogged the bejesus out of that band for qutie a while before and after. I still love and listen to La Roux all the time, and just finally found an mp3 of their cover of "Under My Thumb" by the Rolling Stones. They performed this as part of the encore at the Showbox, and it was pretty incredible. This is someone's live recording, so the quality is not spot-on, but if you were to turn it up full blast, kick the bass up a few knotches and start jumping around wildly, it would sound pretty much exactly as it did live.

Thought I'd share because I love her version, as well as the original. Happy Thursday folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment