Monday, January 17, 2011

the golden globes - quick & dirty...

Ok, lets just get right down to it with the Golden Globes. Spare me the worst dressed, spare me the blah and the mediocre. What you are getting here is only what I loved from the red carpet. You want to see the rest? Try here, or here. Both beloved, but I just don't have the energy for all that summarizing. Without further ado, my absolute best dressed vote, the out-of-nowhere stunning Emma Stone:

Emma Stone

I mean, really!? Remember her in Superbad? All readheaded and cute, but rather ordinary? She's toned and blonde and apparently has a brilliant stylist. I am completely in love with this Calvin Klein peach gown. The clutch and hair are the perfect compliment, and a true testiment to the power of simplicity. Have I gushed enough now? Let's move on to my next pick, also in stunningly simple Calvin Klein, Claire Danes:

Claire Danes

Hot pink rarely looks so classy, am I right? The cut of this dress really suits her, and like Miss Stone, she (her stylist) hit the hail on the head with her accessories and hair. Very similar, to be sure, but who cares when it's such a great choice. This dress may just top the nude, sparkly strapless she wore last year that I was absolutely obsessed with. Moving right along, my next favorite look is disco, brunette brilliance courtesy of Anne Hathaway (a la Rachel Zoe, of course):

Anne Hathaway

She's a walking disco-ball with shoulderpads, and I love it. Party on Hathaway! Rachel Zoe knows glam, and she picked the right girl for the dress with this combo. I don't think many women could balance ease and poise it takes not be swollowed whole by a dress with that much sparkle. Again, the right accessories and hair really keep this look on this side of overwhelming. Speaking of overwhelming in a good way, Olivia Wilde:

Olivia Wilde

This Marchesa creation is like a fairytale. Its hard to tell in photographs, but it's actually a delicious shade of chocolate brown. I also love that she went all out with some really intense Christian Louboutin heels. I may also be partial to this dress for the dream that in my head, since we have a similar haircut, that such a dress would look the same on me.

OK, so there you have it. Those are my picks for the best dressed at the 2011 Golden Globes. Left wanting? Fine. I guess I could throw out a few more enjoyable GG looks...

lea michele

It's pink, pretty and ruffled. Whatever.

Angelina Jolie

Angelina Jolie's green sparkles are fetching, and I love the fit, but the hair, not so much.

Hailee Steinfeld

It's not everyday you see a 14-year-old in Prabal Gurung, looking age-appropriate and super-stylish.

Amy Adams

Amy Adams in Marchesa, I believe.

Catherine Zeta Jones

Ahhh, fine. Catherine Zeta Jones looks beautiful. And look at Micheal Douglas out on the town post-cancer. Loves it.

Jane Fonda

We can only hope to look as good as Jane Fonda when we reach her age. What a stunner.

Heather Morris

Ahh, Heather Morris, beautiful.

What's new Eva Longoria? Lovely in black.

Ok so that wasn't as quick as I promised. Too bad.

xoxo - see you at the Oscars!

No comments:

Post a Comment