Friday, January 7, 2011

{outfit post} catching up @ Oddfellows...

Alright, so you can chalk up my lack of personal style posts lately to the terrible fact that my trusty little Coolpix decided to commit suicide a few months back. Tragic, right? Well lucky for you I found my trusty vintage 2007 Lumix hidden away in a drawer in my room back in Seattle. It's held together with tape and has a strange spotting thing going on with the lens, but beggars can't be choosers, am I right?

Moving on... So on my last night at home, I requested the presence of some of my favorite people at one of my favorite bars - Oddfellows. Everyone gathered around a big picnic-style table, lit by candles and eventually littered with glasses of every shape and size. We sipped on wine, beer and of course, a bourbon and ginger for me. (They're the best at Oddfellows, I believe.) The night was casual but for me the occasion was special, so I mixed a little glamour into a sophisticated and comfortable look.

The reason I brought up the camera before is that the quality of pictures it takes is somewhat compromised, so bear with me.

Abercrombie & Fitch sweater (vintage circa 2002...); Zara blouse (borrowed from Jessica); thrifted necklace; BDG jeggings; Corso Como boots; H & M knit hat; BA&SH handbag.

I wore my amazing new leather jacket over this ensemble, but it didn't really translate into photographs very well, so I'll show it off in a later post. I'm also really obsessed with this blouse of Jessica's, and wish it was mine. It's sheer but sweet and I love the detailing in the drop waist and buttons, that also doesn't translate into these photos. I hate to admit it you guys, but I have at least three Abercrombie sweaters purchased in my high school days that have held strong in my winter wardrobe season after season. Judge away, but they fit great and keep me warm!

*Editor's note: I know it looks stupid that you can't see my eyes in any of these photos. This is not the kind of blogger I strive to be, but the other pictures were terrible & I promise not to make a habit of it. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment