Thursday, February 17, 2011

{NYFW} my highlights from Gant by Michael Bastian...

Gant by Michael Bastian Gant by Michael Bastian

I like Bastian's interpretation of fall layering in these looks. In reality I find that its insanely difficult to comfortably layer three tops and not look like a trendy marshmallow, but this certainly makes me want to try. I am usually not a fan of cropped jackets, but the proportions here with the pushed up sleeves and texture mixing really appeal to me. Don't call it a comeback, but the sock is really having a moment - peeking out from cropped pants and peep-toe shoes on just about every runway this season.

Gant by Michael Bastian Gant by Michael Bastian

What? I would rock that red tuxedo jacket so hard. Tux jackets were shown in a lot of the women's shows too (Yigal Azourel, Jason Wu) but I love the poppy red of this men's version. I've never been the world's biggest fan of camouflage as a print (blame it on Abercrombie and Fitch circa 2003) but I like how much it's softened here by the pink and white stripes and dove grey cardigan. Also, give me those t-strap shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment