Thursday, February 24, 2011

{NYFW trending topic} feminine suiting...

Up until fairly recently, the suit was my idea of anti-fashion. Sure there have always been great, stylish suits (I have a fantastic Theory one, after-all). However, I considered the matching top and bottom look so constricting and, well, boring. A look reserved for working stiffs with no sense of adventure - or texture. The offerings from some of NYFW's heavy hitters have me reconsidering. Tommy Hilfiger's pinstripe gangster-chic double-breasted look is both extremely masculine and extremely sexy. Michael Kors and Oscar de la Renta showed smart, single-breasted styles in both fluid and sharp fabrics. Marc by Marc Jacobs' velvet is a bit much for me to stomach all at once, but I could definitely see the fun of infusing a velvet jacket into my Fall wardrobe. (L to R, top then bottom: Tommy Hilfiger, Michael Kors, DKNY, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, Oscar de la Renta)

No comments:

Post a Comment