Thursday, April 28, 2011

the $100 handbag challenge...

If there's one thing I like, it's a really, really expensive handbag. Chanel, Hermes, Proenza, these are the things my dreams are made of. However, until the day when I'm a high-powered fashion lady, ruling New York city with an iron stiletto, I'm just your average 20-something gal on a very tight budget.

My roommates are in a pretty similar stage of life and finance, and the other day Tully and I were discussing how hard it is to find a good bag around or under $100. At this price point, you're probably paying too much for shoddy quality, or just enough to make you think you should have saved an extra $200 and gone for the real deal.

I've generally stuck to the policy of "go big or go home" when it comes to bags, and have happily and without regret spent upwards of $600 on a single handbag (and an additional $150 on another one, in the same hour... Don't blame me, blame Paris). But that's just me. I know some of you out there would rather throw down for the perfect peep toe, a Burberry trench or perhaps even some sweet rims for your ride.

When it comes to a great bag, though, is there a middle ground? Does a great bag exist that is not actually a wallet, a make-up pouch, or a wristlet for $100 or less? I've put it to myself to find out. Additionally, I'd like to extend the challenge you. If you can find / have already found a legit, good-looking, not tacky full price bag - leave a link and a note in the comments!

Let's meet back here a week from today and discuss what we've found!

Happy hunting to you and me...

No comments:

Post a Comment