Monday, April 25, 2011

Bean Town bound...

You guys, I'm so excited. This Friday I'm off to Boston for the weekend. Two of my cousins live there, and I'm long overdue for a visit. It's my first time heading up there, and I've heard wonderful things about the city. I don't know much about it beyond that tea party, lots of colleges and fanatical baseball fans (like my cousins).

In preparation for my little jaunt up north, I've created some looks on Polyvore that represent my aspirational dream outfits for things like sitting on the Bolt Bus for four hours and attending a game at Fenway Park. Hope you enjoy...

I call this "Bolt Bus Chic:"


This is quite close to what I will most likely really be wearing, just without the Ralph Lauren Black Label, The Row and T by Alexander Wang business. Longchamp, Minnetonka, ipad, The Virgin Suicides? That's all real. The general idea of course is just to be cozy without being sloppy. Layers that can double as pillows and lots of entertainment are musts, as is an extra large pair of sunglasses to hide behind.

If the weather is great, here's how I'd love to dress for the ol' ball game:


Again, this is a mix of the dream and the reality. I personally do not think of sporting events as big, raucous theme parties meant for face paint and giant emblems, but to each their own. I'd like to support my home team with a Mariners-appropriate and on-trend pop of electric blue and a nautical scarf, and keep the rest of my look rather understated.

For exploring and shopping, perhaps something like this:


As you guys know, I like to treat each occasion as a chance to dress the part - no more so than when I travel. So for exploring and hanging out around Boston, I feel like I'll be tapping into my collegiate/prepster/uber East Coast-y side. Simple, tailored layers, my beloved tassel flats (again), J Brands and Ray Bans. I put this Foley + Corinna Mid-City bag in a previous post, clearly it's on my mind these days, and I can't help but think it would be perfect for toting around the town.

Stay tuned next week to see what I actually end up wearing on my little adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment