Wednesday, April 6, 2011

{outfit post} bright, bold, brunch...

As I hinted at in a previous post, Sunday was a truly spectacular day in New York City. It felt like the  island of Manhattan decided to put on it's favorite and most flattering outfit, and really get out there and sparkle. The sun rays were warm on my back, trees were showing leaves and blooms, and I had a brunch date I'd been looking forward to for weeks.

I met the lovely and stylish Sonia, of In Pursuit of Style, at my favorite French spot in Chelsea, Le Grainne.  We hit it off instantly - it must have been the matching faux fur vests. Over coffee and Nutella crepes with bananas and strawberries, we chattered away non-stop about everything from Google Analytics to Gucci.

Once we had cleaned every last bit of hazelnut spread off our plates, happily buzzing off caffeine and sunshine, we had a giggly stroll around the neighborhood, snapping a few pictures and figuring out when we could do this again.

Needless to say, it will be soon.

 J Brand jeans; H&M mens' button down; Tully's Tory Burch cardigan; Moira's faux fur vest; Jessica Simpson ballet flats; Ray Ban aviators; American Apparel clutch; freshwater opera length pearls.
Michael Kors watch; Tiffany bangle; vintage chain, stone, glass and gold bracelets; F21 owl ring; O.P.I.'s Jade Is The New Black. 
(Stay tuned for a whole post dedicated to my new AA clutch. It's an obsession.)

I was having sort of a daytime glam moment for brunch that day. What can I say? The bright sun and warm temperatures brought out the top-knot / faux fur / too many bracelets combo in me. Let me tell you: the prospect of hitting the streets sans jacket was almost too much for me to handle. I had to make it count.
Anyway, I have always admired this Tory Burch cardigan that lives in Tully's and my closet, but that was once Moira's. It's the perfect rich, bright hue of orange, and really pops against a white shirt and dark denim. The cozy vest is also Moira's, and I shamelessly borrow it frequently, so it was only a matter of time until it ended up on le blog. Riddle me this readers, what in the world is the point of having three roommates if you don't borrow their clothes? That's right, there isn't one.
Talk stoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment