Tuesday, April 19, 2011

{dressing the part} Annie Hall...

"The... the other important joke, for me, is one that's usually attributed to Groucho Marx; but, I think it appears originally in Freud's "Wit and Its Relation to the Unconscious," and it goes like this - I'm paraphrasing - um, "I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member." That's the key joke of my adult life, in terms of my relationships with women." 
(There are few things that irk me more than black and white stills of movies shot in color.)
This scene always makes me want a lavender button down, like, badly.

 "Love is too weak a word for what I feel - I luuurve you, you know, I loave you, I luff you, two F's, yes I have to invent, of course I - I do, don't you think I do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment