Wednesday, April 27, 2011

{outfit post} kissing crocs...

Okay, admit it, how terrified were you when you read the title of this post? Unless you were all up on my Twitter feed last night, you were probably sitting there going, "Oh. My. God. No. She's gone completely batty and bought Crocs and loves them so much she's going to kiss them."

Never fear, my most beloved readers, I would never subject myself or any of you to that kind of crazy. Last night Meghan and I attended a little soiree to celebrate the new Lacoste + Catherine Malandrino collaboration at the Soho Mondrian Hotel. Their Twitter hashtag for the event was in fact, "#kissingcrocs," so there you go. The event was held in the garden room of Imperial 9, and it was absolutely beautiful. Models paraded around in white sunglasses while we drank white (and rose) wine.

Additionally, Tuesday was one of those absolutely freaky days where the temperatures soared to over 80 degrees for no reason at all, and the entire city had a little bit of a mental break down. Obviously we all had work to do, so having perfect weather on a mid-week work day out everyone a little on edge. Luckily, by the time evening rolled around, the air was still sweet and warm, and the party crowd was dressed well and feeling fine.
 Urban Outfitters (men's) shirt; Urban Oufitters skirt; Mee Too flats; vintage necklace; Ba&sh clutch; Aritzia lace bralette; MK watch; J. Crew watchband; Tiffany & Kenneth Jay Lane Bracelets; Lincoln Park After Dark nails.
I was in a wild rush to get dressed to meet Meghan for this event, so I just sort of let my spirit guide me. I knew this men's UO shirt would breathe well in the warm air, and I figured that there was no better time than a Lacoste event to try my hand at what the editors are calling "bold separates." Hence, I am wearing a turquoise shirt and a bright orange skirt. I found though, that my snakeskin flats and neutral clutch helped keep my look grounded. (PS: I know the shirt is quite sheer, hence why I wore a pretty little thing underneath. Doesn't it worry you that a man is intended to wear such a thing!?)
 Meghan took some fab Instagram photos while we were socializing... The above is myself, my wine and my bling; and the below is the lady Catherine Malandrino chatting it up.
 Meghan & Moi & a few models...
There's that top knot again...
 The scene & the ridiculous chandeliers....
 Malandrino & the models (both from Meghan's iphone)

No comments:

Post a Comment