Tuesday, April 5, 2011

{reader request} lucky girl getaway...

My friend Michelle is taking a vacation to Costa Rica and asked me to dream up some ideas for what to wear while she's there. Needless to say, once I got over my jealousy I was more than happy to take a break from this pretty chilly New York spring and envision an escape to a more tropical location. For her look I tried to fuse classics, current cool and some beach-appropriate glamor.
costa rica

Missoni Mare bandeau bathing suit, $465, Thom browne, $195, Sam edelman shoes, $60, By Malene Birger striped tote, $140,

Michelle has fantastic style and taste - she rather seamlessly mixes her Arizona roots with her current West Coast address and a dash of New York sophistication. I see her in a sort of preppy-meets-retro-meets-California look. I imagine her in an classic Missoni print bandeau bikini, a men's oxford she can wear unbuttoned with a cool panama hat and some funky accessories and tortoise glasses. Her sandals would be simple and comfortable, ones she can wear in the sand and on quiet coastal streets. I love the idea of wearing a couple mixed chains to the beach, provided you take them off before you get lines.

(I'm not going to lie, if you guys know my taste at all, you can tell this is also exactly what I myself would hope to wear on such a fantastic trip.)

Have a blast Michelle, send me a some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment