Sunday, June 10, 2012

{summer staple} navy, white & neutral

Untitled

Untitled

Some of you are probably reading this post going, "Duh, Taylor, duh," because navy is such an eternally good move. It will always be such. Perhaps it's so obvious you barely notice the choice anymore. I'll admit though, it took me a while to come around to this dark blue hue, because I most often default to black. The kicker is that navy is just as easy, simple and chic, but has even more versatility. Navy can be tailored, structured and professional, but it can also be sun-bleached, worn-in and soft. No matter what you might be purchasing - pants, a sweater, a dress a necklace - you cannot, I repeat cannot go wrong with navy. This summer, I'm feeling a pretty nautical-meets-collegiate-meets-I-think-I'm-getting-the-hang-of-this-East-Coast-thing color palette. Navy, white and neutrals; with pops of bright, fresh hues like coral and minty green.

Alright, that concludes this post from Captain Obvious. Hopefully I haven't lost you over this one, next time I'll try and spice it up a bit. A post devoted to versatility of the little black dress, perhaps?

*Also, if you ever want to shop out one of my Polyvore collages, clicking on the little title below, in this case "untitled" will take you to a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment