Tuesday, June 12, 2012

monday night movie: The Hustler


So on Monday night I crawled into bed with some vintage Paul Newman. I started watching The Hustler, and definitely fell asleep before it was over, but I just thought, if my readers enjoy Paul Newman even a quarter as much as I do, they will love some screen shots just of him smiling and wearing a jacket. And, am I right? Look at him! I tell ya, Ryan Gosling has nothing on Paul Newman.

In the movie he's an up-and-coming pool shark with a sweet spot for Jack Daniels, and he plays against this dude named Minnesota Fats. I'm interested to see what happens next, so perhaps later in the week I'll let you know. He just met a girl, and I think he might like her. She drinks a lot, too. Anyway, if I've piqued your interest, it's currently streaming on Netflix.


I loved this moment where "Fast Eddie" and "Fats" both take off their jackets and really get down to business in their high-stakes pool game.


I mean, come on. Those blue eyes shine even in black and white.
Le sigh. There will never be another.

No comments:

Post a Comment