Saturday, June 9, 2012

{outfit post} a summer friday...

One of the beautiful things about summer in the city is when your friends get to duck out of the office early on a Friday afternoon to meet you for lunch. Last week my friend Sonia, of In Pursuit of Style, met me at Westville on 18th Street for some serious catch-up over iced tea and sweet potato fries. Since the crazy heat bubble had finally burst and the sun was out, we took a pleasant stroll up to Madison Square Park and snapped a few pictures (obviously).


Forever 21 blouse; Old Navy shorts; vintage belt; Ray Ban sunglasses; c/o Kooba handbag; vintage gold hoop earrings from Mom (rest of the baubles broken down below).


Gina and I made a trip to Forever 21 last week, and I was pleasantly surprised with all the great summer staples they have! I found this blouse, which is really a tunic, just as we were about to leave. I didn't even try it on, I just knew I had to have it. I love the fun detail of the cut-out sleeves and how breezy it feels. This look is one I'll probably be duplicating throughout the summer months simply because it's so representative of my style. I love mixing the romantic and the classic, preppy and boho. This look is really half-and-half if you ask me, with the crisp shorts / woven belt / Wayfarers playing off the romantic blouse / hoops / many accessories. 

*It should also be noted that the basics of this outfit (blouse and shorts) cost under $50 total. Mixing budget pieces with pricier and/or vintage items that you love is how you create an ensemble that will always be unique and chic.

 

(Sam Edelman leopard sandals; rings are Tiffany & Co and F21; DIY neon & hex nut bracelet!)


Michael Michael Kors watch; F21 gold bracelet; Tiffany & Co silver bangle; Kenneth Jay Lane giraffes; H&M bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment