Saturday, June 9, 2012

one year ago today...

I sat up abruptly in my little twin size bed and looked across the room. My eyes landed on the two gigantic suitcases waiting expectantly by the door. Even though I was still bleary eyed, I felt a lurch in my stomach so violent it could have thrown me to the ground.

Oh god, it's finally here. I thought. I am getting on a plane today, with a one way ticket to New York City. I have no job, no plan, and a few thousand dollars to my name. What the hell am I thinking?

That was 365 days ago. 

This has been, without a doubt, the most exciting, challenging, fun, frustrating, inspirational, eye-opening, amazing, adventurous, stimulating, ridiculous, wallet-abusive, whiskey-soaked, coffee-fueled, new-friend-filled, and flat out phenomenal 12 months of my life.

And I wouldn't change a damn thing.

I love you New York, happy anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment