Monday, June 11, 2012

SUILTSOY's mid-summer playlist...

Wow, it seems like I've been promising a new playlist for some time now. I haven't compiled one since around April, aka Spring Break 2011. Sheesh! Since then I've been introduced by friends, blogs, Hype Machine and Twitter to all sorts of sizzlingly summer-perfect tunes, and it's high time I shared them with you. Some songs you may recognize from past MWMM posts, but Hooray! here they all are in once place.

This time around it's mostly new-ish music, but I couldn't resist throwing in a few tried-and-true classics as well.  So without further ado, pull up your iTunes account, your Spotify, Grooveshark, your Napster-esque illegal downloading software (if that's your thing), or maybe just YouTube, and get this playlist in your life.

Body Language - Social Studies (Plastic Plates Remix)
Jay-Z - 30 Something
Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars
Foster The People - Call It What You Want
Niki & The Dove - Gentle Roar (Mylo Remix)
Calvin Harris - The Rain
YACHT - Dystopia (The Earth Is On Fire)
The Generationals - Ten-Twenty-Ten
Of Monsters And Men - Little Talks
Florence + The Machine - Between Two Lungs
Hot Chip - The Warning
Eliza Doolittle - Skinny Genes
Yeasayer - Crazy (Seal Cover)
MSTRKRFT ft. John Legend - Heartbreaker
Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams
Theophilus London - Why Even Try (RAC Remix)
Thao With The Get Down Stay Down - When We Swam
Paul Simon - Call Me Al
Fancy - Drake, Swizz Beats, T.I.
Adele - Rumor Has It
 Fitz & The Tantrums - Rich Girls
Rooney - When Did Your Heart Go Missing
Al Green - Love & Happiness
The Flavour - Sex on Fire (Kings of Leon Cover)
Beirut - East Harlem
Breakbot - Baby I'm Yours
Milky - Be My World
Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend
The Cool Kids - Swimsuit (Ft. Mayer Hawthorne)
Big Sean ft. Lupe Fiasco - Don't Wait For Me
Beyonce ft. Andre 3000 - Party
Mylo - In My Arms
Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up


Click here to play it on Grooveshark
(My apologies if that link doesn't work, I thought I'd try at least!)

Hope you like it.
Happy listening and happy summer!

*There are so many shout outs to give in thanks for all this great music, so if you see a song on there and you're like, "Hey, I'm pretty sure I shared that song with her," then you probably did. So, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment